Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Binds on Equip

The inspiration of this blog comes from the numerous World of Warcraft blogs available out there. Though no one specific blog inspired this one, I do admire many of them out there.

I started playing World of Warcraft (unofficially) in early August when I borrowed one of my friends' warlock for a week because he wasn't going to be able to log on for some time. Needless to say, jumping into the game at level 20-something was a bit strange because I was learning everything on the fly. Fortunately, I had other friends who had also recently started or have been playing the game to help me out.

It was my first MMORPG, but definitely not a first-timer to Warcraft. Having read a lot of lore along with my introductory play time, I was drawn into getting an account for myself.

Why a hunter? I was probably "forced" into the decision because while playing on my friend's warlock, I picked up the highly prized Ranger Bow by chance from a chest in Duskwood. Of course, I didn't know how valuable and powerful it was at the time, but reading about it drew me into making a hunter as my first character.

If you're curious, no, I didn't use it to "twink" my hunter. I am now using a different bow after hitting level 30, but I have that first bow to blame for drawing me into this game! Since I hit level 40 last Sunday, I figured this would be a good starting point as any to start writing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our little community. Please be sure to drop by and visit BigRedKitty (http://bigredkitty.blogspot.com/) our local celibrity.. and Hunter's Mark (http://www.thehuntersmark.net/). Both are very good Hunter resources.

I look forward to reading about your progress.

Nibuca
http://warcraft.fibergeek.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by the site! I'm looking forward to more of your posts!

Anonymous said...

It totally wasn't the bow, btw, that got you addicted. You were looking up WoW stuff before you even started playing the lock :P

Anonymous said...

i was gonna say that, but it was such a good story with the bow i figured i'd let it go....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit, and appreciate the link in your blogroll! Welcome to "Bloggin' 'bout WoW" :)

Am enjoying your articles--looking forward to more!